We are seeking a marketing expert to bring Moon’s company events whether virtual or in person to life. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and is a creative problem solver, scrappy, organized, and fun. Sound like you? Read on!
What You’ll Do at Moon
- Plan, oversee, and execute company-wide and team events of different sizes and scales, ensuring in-person and digital events run smoothly, even from afar
- Expertly craft every aspect of an event and be a strategic thought partner in developing future programs and agendas
- Actively build and improve processes and minimize risks
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Develop content for event materials and pre-briefing documents for senior executives
- Manage day-of logistics and guest experiences
- Ability to engage and build a community of internal and external event participants before, during and in-between events
- Ensure each event is representative of company culture and values
- Work closely across Moon’s Palo Alto and Tokyo studio teams in Marketing, HR and Operations teams to ensure clear communications and execution of event programming from strategy to execution
- You have a minimum of 6+ years’ in event management, 1-2 years’ experience in virtual event management
- Deep understanding and experience with registration systems using event management platforms
- Proven experience leading complex, multi-audience events, often with several (virtual) locations
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Strategic thinking and creative problem-solving and an ability to glean insights, develop a vision and bring it to life with actionable plans
- Comfortable attitude developing and managing timelines, budgets, briefs, project plans, etc.
- Understanding of the key drivers of successful event execution in digital, physical, and hybrid mediums including broadcast experience
- Experience using the latest marketing and event marketing technologies, including streaming platforms, registration and participant management platforms, agenda management tools, recording and editing tools, event promotion tools, customer relationship management tools, project and resource management tools, and tools for live event engagement (polls, Q&As, etc.).
- Polished skills to work in a highly matrixed environment and influence outcomes at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual in Japanese and English
- Enthusiasm for business travel between Moon offices (Palo Alto and Tokyo) and other locations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience working at start-ups
- Able to travel for business especially between Moon offices (Silicon Valley and Tokyo)
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time zones
Sounds Fun, Right?
If you identify with Moon's values and would like to contribute to our work, please submit your resume and a portfolio .pdf or link.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Moon Creative Lab is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Who We Are
Moon Creative Lab is a human-centered venture studio that powers the creation of new businesses. Moon’s mission is to help Mitsui & Co, one of Japan’s largest organizations, in its pursuit to become a more future-forward, entrepreneurial company. We work to unlock the creativity of Mitsui’s 45,000 strong global workforce to build innovative businesses that will have an exponential impact on the world. We do this by bringing together the best talent in design, engineering, product and more to create bold new ventures from zero to launch.
Moon transforms ideas into bold new ventures and provides the resources and expertise to light the way to a more creative future. We are human-centered in our approach and hands-on in our delivery. Our team of talented designers, engineers, product leaders and marketers help our idea owners connect with real users to create prototypes and MVPs and bring them to market quickly. At Moon, you will:
- Address real human needs that have far-reaching social impact
- Work across disciplines, across industries, and across cultures
- Start with people and leverage the beauty and messiness of human-centered design
Moon is looking for people who are passionate about unlocking the innate creativity of others while designing impactful businesses. Come join us!